The Liebster Award
I’ve been away for a while, and hardly think I deserve to be nominated for this award, but thank you so much to Supernova for nominating me! You’ve really helped me to get my act together and start blogging a bit more! My nominees for the award are below, and I must say, they’ve all been truly inspirational and have opened up new insights for me.
Here are the rules for The Liebster Award:
Add the award logo to your blog.
Section 2: answer these questions.
1. What makes you happiest? Ans. When I’m deep in the archives researching the most random topic I can find!
2. Do you love the Ocean or the Mountains more? Ans. Definitely the ocean- I spent every holiday since the year I was born, in Cornwall, on the coast. When I am away from the sea, I miss it like home.
3. What has been your favourite moment of 2012? Ans. 2012 has been a very hard year- possibly the hardest year of my life. I’ve moved house, changed jobs…the list goes on. However, 2012 taught me that even though we go through hard times, there are some amazing people who can lift your spirits- my favourite moment was getting back in touch with friends I had lost five years ago. Not only were they forgiving, they showed me who my true friends really are.
4. What is your favourite quote and why? Ans. “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade” Elbert Hubbard. This has really helped me to get through 2012. No matter what life threw at me, I really turned it around. Its made the start of 2013 really important for me.
5. Do you like yourself? Ans. Yes. I feel that I’m becoming the person I’ve always kept hidden. When you are with the right people, they bring out the very best in you, and I feel I’ve surrounded myself with amazing and inspiring people recently who have lit me like a beacon.
6. Do you stay up till the Stroke of Midnight on New Years Eve? Ans. Yes. New Years Eve was a big one in 2012 for me and my best friend and we felt we could finally put the past behind us and close the door on an awful year, so it was really important that we stayed up till midnight!
7. Something you wish to get done ASAP? Ans. Get my career sorted! I still feel I’m moving towards something big, but it seems far away. I feel as though I’m more than a quarter of the way towards where I want to be in the end.
8. What was your favorite class while still in school? Ans. I loved English Literature, but only when the texts suited me- hence why I didn’t do the subject for A Level and only AS Level. AS Level brought me The Handmaids Tale and The Glass Menagerie!
9. What musical instrument have you tried to learn to play? Ans. I played Descant Recorder- oh the shame! But I’ve recently been offered free guitar lessons, so I feel that is a bit of an improvement.
10. Anything you wish you had learned earlier? Ans. That love hurts, and trust is precious. I’ve been burnt over 2012, but slowly I’m learning to love and trust all over again.
11. Do you like to do crafts or draw or even paint? Ans. Yes! I am an artist in my own right, and even though I’m not particularly good, I do love a good painting session. If all else fails, I always make greetings cards and nothing beats that moment you see the person opening the card you’ve made and loving the design!
Pass the award onto 11 other blogs and let them know.This is always difficult, but here are my nominations in no special order for The Liebster Award. They are all fantastic blogs and have inspired me!
1. The Future Is Papier Mâché
3. The Illustrious Peacock
4. Map of Time
5. Stephen G Hipperson
6. Canadian Hiking Photography
7. The Open Suitcase
8. Conceptual Historian
9. She Walks Softly
11. The Playground
Congratulations people! Keep on blogging and keep on inspiring me!